2-Day Gallipoli and Troy Tour from Istanbul
DAY 1: Istanbul – Gallipoli Battlefields Tour
06.00 – 06.30 Pick up from hostel or hotel from the Taksim area
06.30 – 07.00 Pick up from hostel or hotel from the Sultanahmet area
12.20 Arrive in Eceabat
12.30 Arrive in Eceabat. Break for lunch
13.00 Start your Fully Guided Gallipoli Tour
On the first day you will travel to Gallipoli and will visit the following:
– Brighton Beach
– Beach Cemetery (John Simpson’s Grave)
– ANZAC Cove
– Ari Burnu (First ANZAC landing place)
– Lone Pine Cemetery (Australian memorial)
– Johnston’s Jolly (walk in the ANZAC trenches)
– View of Shrapnel Valley
– Turkish Memorial
– The Nek and Walker´s Ridge
– Chunuk Bair (main New Zealand memorial)
After tour transfer to Eceabat or Canakkale for check in to your hotel. Overnight in Eceabat or Canakkale. (Included meals: Lunch).
DAY 2: Troy – Istanbul
After breakfast at the hotel around 08:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your half day tour of Troy.
On the second day you will travel to Troy and will visit the following:
– The Trojan Horse
– Sacrificial Altars
– The 3700 year old city walls
– Houses of Troy I, 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C.
– The Bouleuterion (Senate Building)
– The Odeon (Concert Hall)
– Current excavations in progress
– Remains of the various cities from Troy I through to Troy IX
The tour will be maximum of 2 hours. Around 11:45 am we will drop you off to Canakkale city center for free time. The tour guide will let you know the exact meeting time and departure place to meet in Eceabat for drive back to Istanbul. Depart for Istanbul at approximately 6:00 pm and arrive to Istanbul about 11:00pm and transfer to hotels. End of tour. (Included meals: Breakfast).