Sorry, nothing in cart.
2 Days Ephesus and Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul
Maximize your sightseeing time in Ephesus and Cappadocia by flying between regions on a 2-day tour!
Select total number of rooms required and travel date below for pricing:
Day 1: Flight to Izmir, Full Day Ephesus Tour, Flight to Kayseri with overnight stay in Cappadocia
05:00 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transfered to Ataturk Domestic airport.
05:30 Arrival at Ataturk Domestic airport for flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:00 Flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:55 Arrival at Izmir airport. Upon arrival you will be picked up at the Izmir airport and transferred to Selcuk. In Selcuk you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your Ephesus full day tour
You will first visit the Temple of Artemis which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Next you will visit the world famous ancient Greco- Roman City of Ephesus, the most well preserved example in the world. After visiting this impressive site, you will have a break for lunch. After lunch you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. This is a holy place for both Christians and Muslims. Afterwards you will visit the Isabey Mosque. After the tour you are transferred to Izmir airport for your flight to Kayseri through Istanbul. Upon your arrival at the Kayseri airport a representative will be present holding your name sign to pick you up and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight in Cappadocia. (L)
Day 2: Full Day Cappadocia Tour, Flight to Istanbul, End of Services
After breakfast around 9:30 am you will be picked up from your hotel to join the full day tour of Cappadocia.
On the tour you will be able to visit as below:
Devrent Valley: Devrent is situated on the northern slopes of Aktepe, 1km from Pasabaglari (Monks’ Valley) and 5 km from Avanos. The ruins at Devrent are spread over three valleys, which also house several pointed fairy chimneys with large stems.
Avanos: A center of terra cotta work of art since 3000 BC, it is a town where you will be invited to visit a traditional pottery workshop, which is possibly set deep into the hillsides. The clay, which comes from the Red River passing through the town, gives life both to the land and to the local economy.
Break for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant.
After lunch, continue your tour to:
Goreme Open Air Museum: Goreme was an important Christian centre in the early years of the Middle Ages, was a bishopric administered by Mokissos near Aksaray in the 11th and 13th centuries. Despite the vast numer of monasteries, churches and chapels in the vicinity of Goreme, there are not many inscriptions bearing dates. For this reason, these religious buildings are mainly dated according to the iconography or architectural features.
Uchisar: Uchisar is a troglodyte town situated right in the middle of Cappadocia. It is named after the enormous piece of rock in the center of the town, which was once used as a castle. This extraordinary rock is the highest peak of the area with the view of whole Cappadocia and Erciyes (Argeus) Mountain.
Kaymakli: Kaymakli underground city is one of the largest and deepest of the 40 others in Cappadocia. It has eight floors, although not all are open to the public.
At the end of the tour your will be transferred to the airport in Kayseri or Nevshir for your flight back to Istanbul. Upon arrival you will be picked-up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF SERVICES. (B, L)
• Pick up and drop off to your hotel (on European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port
• Domestic flight tickets as per the itinerary
• 1 night in Cappadocia at a cave hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch)
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge fees
• Local taxes and service charges
What’s not included:
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Airport pick up and drop off services will be provided in a shared vehicle with other tourists. Private transfer service will be at an additional cost. Please let us know if you require a Additional Info:private transfer service.
• Your return to Istanbul can be in the late evening and can be estimated between 8 – 10 pm. We will confirm this time based on the tickets bought after payment has been received. Please do not plan international flights at the end of this day as we can not guarantee the exact or approximate return time for either the Ataturk or Sabiha Gokcen airports at this time. We recommend that you book your tour as soon as possible.
Accommodation in below Hotels (or similar hotels depending on vacancy at the time of booking):
Cappadocia: Flintstones Cave Hotel OR Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel OR Travel Inn Cave Hotel
The quoted price of this tour covers accommodations in hotels as mentioned above or in similar quality hotels.
If you wish to include a higher quality hotel, we offer two options:
Option 1: We can upgrade your hotel at an additional cost. This cost will be added to the total tour price of the standard package tour.
Option 2: You can arrange your own accommodation on the tour as per your preference. We can offer a new package tour price without including cost of hotel accommodation. If Option 2 is preferred, all services as part of the package tour will be provided except for hotel accommodation.
Please let us know the option you prefer at the time the tour request is made so that we can price the tour accordingly. If no change in hotels is needed and you wish to proceed with the hotels highlighted in our package tour at the quoted tour price then you may book the tour directly online.