Sorry, nothing in cart.
5 Day Tour of Istanbul and Troy
4 Nights Accommodation, Guided City Tours covers Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, Bosphorus Cruise, Dolmabahce Palace and Troy, Return Airport Transfers.
Select total number of rooms required and travel date below for pricing:
Day 1: Arrive in Istanbul
On arrival at Istanbul Ataturk International Airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel for check in. Overnight in Istanbul
Day 2: Full Day Byzantine and Ottoman Relics Tour
After breakfast approximately at 8:30 am pick up from your hotel to begin the full day tour. Visit Hagia Sophia Museum, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace. Lunch at a local restaurant. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel around 17:30. Overnight in Istanbul. (B, L)
Day 3: Bosphorus cruise & Two Continents tour
Breakfast at the hotel, then meet your guide at hotel lobby for a short drive to Spice Market, Egyptian Bazaar heaped with various sweets & spices is one of the world’s largest spice bazaars since 1665. Soon after, we embark on the Bosphorus ferry for an unforgettable cruise along the Bosphorus, the beautiful strait that divides Europe from Asia. After lunch break, we continue driving across the first Bosphorus Bridge & head for the summit of Camlica Hill, which offers 360° panoramic views of Istanbul overlooking the Sea of Marmara. Driving back to Europe over the Bosphorus Bridge, we visit Dolmabahce Palace, with more than 340 rooms & eight Turkish Baths the Imperial Residence of the last six Sultans. After the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel. Overnight in Istanbul. (B, L)
Day 4: Troy Day Trip from Istanbul
After an early pickup from your hotel, hit the road and travel south by luxury coach toward the ancient city of Troy. The full journey takes up most of the morning, so to break it up, stop in the town of Tekirdag for breakfast and a Turkish coffee (own expense). Around midday, stop again in Eceabat, on the east coast of the Dardanelles.
Break for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant and after lunch, hop on board a ferry for the 20-minute crossing to Canakkale. From here, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Troy is a short coach ride away.
Easily one of the world’s most famous archaeological sites, Troy dates back nearly 4,000 years and is said to signify the first contact between Anatolia and the Mediterranean countries. On a 1-hour walking tour around the site, your guide will talk about Troy’s history and its development as a series of settlements. Learn how it started as a Bronze Age dwelling, survived a Balkan invasion, was rejuvenated during Greek and Roman rules, and even a had stint as a Byzantine town before falling into a state of ruin.
Hear tales of the Trojan War – an important Greek mythological story – and learn about the Trojan prince (Paris) who ran away with Zeus’ daughter (Helen) and thus sparked the 10-year war. After exploring the ruins, visit the wooden Trojan Horse that symbolizes the town and the Trojan War before returning to Istanbul. At the end of the tour at around 6:00 pm, you will be transferred back to Istanbul. Around 11:00 pm you will arrive back to Istanbul and will be dropped off to your hotel. Overnight in Istanbul. (B, L)
Day 5: Departure Transfer
After breakfast check out from hotel (before 12:00), transfer to Istanbul Ataturk Airport as per your international flight details. End of tour and services. (B)
• Transfers from Istanbul Ataturk Airport to your Hotel in Istanbul and from the Hotel in Istanbul to the Ataturk Airport.
• 4 nights in Istanbul at a standard quality or Boutique hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge fees
• Local taxes and service charges
What’s not included:
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• St. Sophia is closed on Monday, this will be replaced with the Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnici)
• Please note that the Blue Mosque is not open for visitation on Fridays as it is closed for religious prayer services. You will only be able to visit the outside of Blue Mosque area on tours operated on Fridays. No visitation will be allowed inside the Blue Mosque for tourists on Fridays.
• Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesday, it will be replaced with the Beylerbeyi Palace
• Beylerbeyi Palace is closed on Monday and Thursday, this will be replaced with the Kariye Museum (The Chora Church).
• Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday
• During religious holidays, the spice market and Grand Bazaar are closed
• Pick up from Sabiha Gokcen Airport will be at an extra cost of USD 50.00 one way up to 4 people.
Accommodation in below Hotels (or similar hotels depending on vacancy at the time of booking):
Yusuf Pasa Konagi Hotel OR Aya Sultan Hotel OR Askoc Hotel
The quoted price of this tour covers accommodations in hotels as mentioned above or in similar quality hotels.
If you wish to include a higher quality hotel, we offer two options:
Option 1: We can upgrade your hotel at an additional cost. This cost will be added to the total tour price of the standard package tour.
Option 2: You can arrange your own accommodation on the tour as per your preference. We can offer a new package tour price without including cost of hotel accommodation. If Option 2 is preferred, all services as part of the package tour will be provided except for hotel accommodation.
Please let us know the option you prefer at the time the tour request is made so that we can price the tour accordingly. If no change in hotels is needed and you wish to proceed with the hotels highlighted in our package tour at the quoted tour price then you may book the tour directly online.