1 Day Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul
05:00 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to Ataturk airport.
05:30 Arrival at Ataturk airport for flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir
07:00 Flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir
07:55 Arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport. Upon arrival at the airport you will be transferred to Cappadocia where you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your tour with a professional guide with the following stops
Devrent Valley: Devrent is situated on the northern slopes of Aktepe, 1km from Pasabaglari (Monks’ Valley) and 5 km from Avanos. The ruins at Devrent are spread over three valleys, which also house several pointed fairy chimneys with large stems.
Avanos: A center of terra cotta work of art since 3000 BC, it is a town where you will be invited to visit a traditional pottery workshop, which is possibly set deep into the hillsides. The clay, which comes from the Red River passing through the town, gives life both to the land and to the local economy.
Break for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant.
After lunch, continue your tour to:
Goreme Open Air Museum: Goreme was an important Christian centre in the early years of the Middle Ages, was a bishopric administered by Mokissos near Aksaray in the 11th and 13th centuries. Despite the vast numer of monasteries, churches and chapels in the vicinity of Goreme, there are not many inscriptions bearing dates. For this reason, these religious buildings are mainly dated according to the iconography or architectural features.
Uchisar: Uchisar is a troglodyte town situated right in the middle of Cappadocia. It is named after the enormous piece of rock in the center of the town, which was once used as a castle. This extraordinary rock is the highest peak of the area with the view of whole Cappadocia and Erciyes (Argeus) Mountain.
Kaymakli: Kaymakli underground city is one of the largest and deepest of the 40 others in Cappadocia. It has eight floors, although not all are open to the public.
At end of the tour, you will be transferred to Kayseri or Nevsehir airport for your late evening return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival, you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF SERVICES. (L)
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Pick up and drop off to your hotel (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port
• Domestic flight tickets – (Istanbul to Kayseri and Kayseri to Istanbul)
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge Fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
WHAT TO BRING:
• Hiking shoes
• This tour must be booked at least 3 days in advance.
• This tour itself is private with private car and private English speaking tour guide. However, please note that pick-up, drop-off and all transportation will be shared and will not be private.
• Private transfer service will be at an additional cost. Please let us know if you require an Additional Info: private transfer service.