3 Days Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia and Delphi Tour from Athens
History comes to life in this three-day tour of the Greek mainland. After a quick stop at the Corinth Canal, you will find yourselves at the Theater of Epidaurus, where the works of Socrates, Aristophanes, and Euripides came to life. The true spirit of Peloponnesus can be found in the picturesque town of Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece. Moving on, you will have the chance to visit the Tomb of Agamemnon in Mycenae before proceeding to Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games, and home to Zeus’ sanctuary. Your last destination will be Delphi, known around ancient Greece as ‘the navel of the world’. A town with strong ties to antiquity due to the presence of the famous Oracle, whose ruins still stand proudly.
Obtain your tour price by selecting tour dates and specifics below:
3-Day Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia and Delphi Tour
Operating April - October: Every Monday, Tuesday & Saturday
Day 1: Athens to Nafplion via the Corinth Canal
We will pick you up from select spots in Athens (departure at approx 8:45) and take the coastal road to the Corinth Canal, where we will make a short stop. Back on the road and onto the Theatre of Epidaurus, a monument to the arts and a structure famous for its remarkable acoustics. We will then proceed to the town of Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece, for a short stop to take pictures and drive on to Mycenae where we will visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then it's off to Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic games, through the scenic routes of Central Peloponnese, as well as the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. It is there that we will stop for the night.
- Overnight in Olympia
- Included Meal(s): Dinner
Day 2: Olympia to Delphi
You cannot visit Olympia and not pay tribute to the ruler of Olympus, so that is what we will do in the morning with a visit to the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the archaeological museum. Afterwards, we will take a drive through the plains of Ilia and Achaia and the magnificent bridge of Rio-Antirio which connects the two sides of the Corinthian Bay. We will pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpaktos (Lepanto) and Itea, to arrive in Delphi, our own sanctuary for the night.
- Overnight in Delphi
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Dinner
Day 3: Delphi and Return to Athens via Arachova, Levadia and Thebes
In the morning, we will visit the archaeological site where the Oracle once stood and the museum. Afterwards, we will make our way back to Athens passing through the picturesque towns of Arachova, Levadia and Thebes along the way.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Visit the Epidaurus Theater
- Visit the Mycenae Archaeological site & Tomb of Agamemnon
- Visit the Olympia Archaeological site & Museum
- Short stop at Nafplion
- Visit the Delphi Archaeological site & Museum
- 1-night in Olympia at a First Class hotel
- 1-night in Delphi at a First Class hotel
- 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Professional guide
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- VAT for all services
- Your international airfare
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, beverages at lunch and/or dinner
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides and escorts
- Stayover hotel tax, to be paid directly to the hotel (cost per overnight per room: 5 star - 4 €, 4 star - 3 €, 3 star - 1,5 €)
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). Your agent can inform you on the languages of the tour prior to booking.
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up/drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. The maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be promptly provided by your personal agent.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from G.O. terminal around 19:30 hrs
- The tour will not be implemented on major holidays (for example):
- January 1st
- March 25th
- May 1st
- December 25th
- December 26th