2 Days Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul by Plane
During the tour, you will visit: Devrent Valley, Pasabag Monks Valley, Avanos City, Göreme Open-Air Museum, Uçhisar Castle, Red Valley, Rose Valley, Cavusin Village, Pigeon Valley, Underground City and more.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:30 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir between 6:00 – 7:30 am. Upon arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport, you will be picked up and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full day tour of North Cappadocia.
Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next, you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch, you will visit the beautiful open-air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
Day 2: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour – Flight to Istanbul
After breakfast at the hotel around 09:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Güllüdere (Rose) Valley. Next you will visit Çavusin village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch, you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full day tour. At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to Kayseri or Nevsehir airport for your late evening return flight around 7:00 – 10:00 pm (1 hour 20 minutes flight duration) to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Please note that your return flight from Kayseri / Nevsehir to Istanbul will arrive at either the New Airport in Istanbul or at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport depending on availability of flights on ticket purchase date.
- Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, you will have to arrange your own pick-up service from Istanbul airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us. Our service ends upon your flight arrival at Istanbul Airport.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Istanbul hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir and from Kayseri or Nevsehir to Istanbul only
- 1 night at the Holiday Cave Hotel OR Kismet Cave House OR Heaven Cave House in Cappadocia including breakfast
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Local taxes and service charges
- Drop off transportation service from Istanbul New Airport OR Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Hotel upon returning to Istanbul
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Any optional tours
- Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
- Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
- Travel insurance
WHAT TO BRING:
- Hiking shoes
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
- Please be advised that the order /sequence in which the daily tours occur within the above day-by-day package tour itinerary can be subject to change depending on availability of domestic flight tickets per the itinerary, opening/closing of various historical sites, etc.
- Vegetarian lunch option available upon request
- The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 10:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 12:30 am onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
WHEN TO BOOK?
- Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
- You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.