5-Day Cappadocia, Pamukkale and Ephesus Tour from Istanbul
Day 1: Flight to Kayseri/Nevsehir, Full Day North Cappadocia Tour
05:00 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to Ataturk airport. *
05:30 Arrival at Ataturk airport for flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir *
07:00 Flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir
07:55 Arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport. Upon arrival you will be picked up at the airport and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full day tour of North Cappadocia.
Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch you will visit the beautiful open air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in. Overnight in Cappadocia. (L)
* Note: Some flights can also be from the Sabiha Gokcen airport to Kayseri. If your flight is from Sabiha Gokcen airport, pick up from hotel time and flight time can change from above mentioned times. We will confirm exact times with your tour confirmation email.
Day 2: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 175.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf!
After breakfast at the hotel around 09:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Güllüdere (Rose) Valley. Next you will visit Çavusin village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full day tour. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel at around 4:30 pm. Overnight in Cappadocia. (B, L)
Day 3: Flight to Izmir
After breakfast check out of the hotel in Cappadocia. You will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to Kayseri airport to take your flight to Izmir. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi. Check into your hotel in Kusadasi and rest of the day is free. Overnight in Kusadasi. (B, D)
Day 4: Full Day Pamukkale & Hierapolis Tour
After breakfast around 08:00 you will be picked up from your Kusadasi hotel and taken to the meeting point in Selcuk where the full group will first meet. You will then begin the Pamukkale tour with a drive from Selcuk starting at 8:30 am to Pamukkale which will be around 3 hours. En route to Pamukkale after 1.5 hours, there will be a 10 minutes stop for restroom break. Upon arrival around 11:45, the group will be first taken to have lunch and after lunch at around 13:00 you will begin your guided tour of the Pamukkale and Hierapolis area with a profession licensed tour guide. In Pamukkale, you will see the Cotton Cliffs, one of the natural wonders of the world formed by deposits of calcareous salts. Also you will visit the ancient ruins of the City of Hierapolis with its basilica, theatre and Roman Baths. At the end of the guided tour, you will have some free time to explore the area on your own. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale antique pools (at own expense) during this free time. The tour guide will inform you about the exact meeting point and time. At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to your hotel at around 19:00. Overnight in Kusadasi. (B, L, D)
Day 4: Full Day Ephesus Tour, Flight to Istanbul
After breakfast at the hotel around 08:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of Ephesus. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. You will first visit the Temple of Artemis which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Next you will visit the world famous ancient Greco- Roman City of Ephesus, the most well preserved example in the world. After visiting this impressive site, you will have a break for lunch. After lunch you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. This is a holy place for both Christians and Muslims. Afterwards you will visit the Isabey Mosque. At end of the tour you will be transferred to Izmir airport for your return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival you will be picked-up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS. (B, L)
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• All transfers mentioned in the itinerary
• Domestic flight tickets as per the itinerary
• 2 nights in Cappadocia at a cave hotel including breakfast
• 2 nights in Kusadasi at a 4 star hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge Fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• Hot Air Balloon Ride
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fees to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. as Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
Optional add-on tours at an additional charge:
Highly Recommended in Cappadocia:
- Hot-air Balloon Ride: Join the hot-air balloon ride at a cost of USD 175.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.
- Whirling Dervish Show: Enjoy the whirling dervish show at a cost of USD 70.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.
- Traditional Turkish Night Show with Dinner: Join the traditional Turkish night show with dinner at a cost of USD 80.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.