Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul by bus (3 days / 2 nights)
Day 1: Overnight Bus to Cappadocia
Late evening you will be transferred to the bus station to take your overnight bus departing at 8.30 pm to Cappadocia. The total duration of travel will be 11 hours. There will be three breaks on the way to Cappadocia for your personal needs. You will arrive in Cappadocia at the Goreme bus station in the morning the next day .
Note: During your transfer on the local bus, you will be unaccompanied and touring services will start once you have met your local tour guide upon arrival at the destination.
Day 2: Full Day North Cappadocia Tour
Upon your arrival at the Goreme bus station in Cappadocia you will be met at the bus station and transferred to your Cappadocia hotel. At the hotel you can have your breakfast and be ready to meet your tour guide around 09:30. Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch you will visit the beautiful open-air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. At the end of the tour you will be dropped back to your hotel in the evening. Overnight in Cappadocia. (B, L)
Day 3: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour, Overnight Bus to Istanbul
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 175.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf!
After breakfast at the hotel around 09:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Güllüdere (Rose) Valley. Next you will visit Çavusin village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full day tour. After the tour you will travel overnight to Istanbul in a non-smoking, fully air-conditioned local bus departing the bus station approximately 8:30 pm. The total duration of travel will be 11 hours with arrival into Istanbul the next day. There will be three breaks on the way to Istanbul for your personal needs. (B, L)
Day 4: Arrival in Istanbul
The local bus will arrive at the main Istanbul bus station between 7:30 – 9:30 am depending on traffic conditions. END OF SERVICES.
Note: When you arrive in Istanbul, you can take the free shuttle bus to Aksaray or Taksim. The free shuttle service is provided by the local bus company not by us therefore you can choose to take the shuttle bus to Aksaray or Taksim. Another option is to take the underground train from the bus station to the Ataturk airport, Aksaray, Sultanahmet, Sirkeci or Taksim on your own.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• All transfers mentioned in the itinerary
• Overnight intercity coach / local bus tickets (Istanbul to Cappadocia and Cappadocia to Istanbul)
• 1 night in Cappadocia at a cave hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge Fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• Transfer from Bus Station to Hotel in Istanbul at the End of the Tour
• Hot Air Balloon Ride
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• This is a regular group tour.
• As this is a group tour, there will be shopping stops included in the tours. If you do not wish to make shopping stops please request a private tour of Cappadocia and we can provide the additional cost separately.
Optional add-on tours at an additional charge:
Highly Recommended in Cappadocia:
- Hot-air Balloon Ride: Join the hot-air balloon ride at a cost of USD 175.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.
- Whirling Dervish Show: Enjoy the whirling dervish show at a cost of USD 70.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.
- Traditional Turkish Night Show with Dinner: Join the traditional Turkish night show with dinner at a cost of USD 80.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.