1-Day Troy And Gallipoli Tour from Istanbul
05.00 Pick up from your hotel in Istanbul
09.30 Arrive in Eceabat
10.00 Depart for Troy tour
Highlights to visit in Troy:
– The Trojan Horse
– Sacrificial Altars
– The 3700-year-old city walls
– Houses of Troy I, 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C.
– The Bouleuterion (Senate Building)
– The Odeon (Concert Hall)
– Current excavations in progress
– Remains of the various cities from Troy I through to Troy IX
Break for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant.
After lunch, continue with your tour to Gallipoli:
Highlights to visit in Gallipoli:
– Brighton Beach
– Beach Cemetery
– ANZAC Cove
– Ariburnu Cemetery
– ANZAC Commemorative Site
– Respect to Mehmetcik Statue
– Lone Pine Australian Memorial,
– Johnston’s Jolly, (Turkish and Allied trenches and tunnels)
– Turkish 57. Infantry Regiment Cemetery
– The Nek
– Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial
17.30 End of the tour
18.00 Depart from Eceabat
22.00 Arrive in Istanbul & transfer to your city center Istanbul hotel.
Optional: You may choose to stop en route to Istanbul for dinner. However, dinner will be paid by yourselves.
End of tour and services.
• Private car and driver
• Private professional English speaking local tour guide
• Pick up from and drop off to your hotel
• Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking car
• Entrance fees to the various sites
• Services charges and local taxes
What’s Not Included:
• Tips to staff
• Items of a personal nature
• The private tour will include pick up and drop off from and to your hotel in Istanbul. Since it is a private tour you will have the flexibility to stay as long or as little as you want at any given site during the full day Troy and Gallipoli private tour. The transfer from Istanbul to Eceabat and Eceabat to Istanbul will be in a private air-conditioned car with a driver. The professional English speaking guide will join you upon your arrival in Eceabat and will leave you at the end of the tour in Eceabat. For meals or personal needs you can request the driver to make a stop on the way to Eceabat and return.