3-Day Cappadocia and Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul
From: USD 447.00
Discover the wonders of Turkey on this 3-day journey from Istanbul to the mesmerizing regions of Cappadocia and Pamukkale. Explore Cappadocia’s unique rock formations, cave churches, and underground cities. Visit Pamukkale to walk on the iconic white travertine terraces. This all-inclusive tour offers a rich blend of nature and culture, complete with knowledgeable guides, transportation, and hotel stays. A perfect getaway for those wanting to explore Turkey’s highlights in a short time.
Day 1: Fly to Kayseri/Nevsehir from Istanbul – North Cappadocia Tour
You’ll be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul around 4:00 am and will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir between 6:00 – 7:30 am. Upon arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport, you will be picked up and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full-day tour of North Cappadocia. Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next, you will visit the Pasabag Valley (Monks Valley) to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch, you will visit the Zelve Open Air Museum in Cappadocia. The museum features a series of carved caves and ancient churches, providing a glimpse into the region’s monastic history. Finally, towards the end of the day tour, before returning to your hotel, you will have the opportunity to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. Please note that the interior of the Uchisar castles is not accessible for visits. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in.
Optionally, attend a traditional Turkish Night show with dinner.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast
- Accommodation: Heaven Cave House OR The Cave House OR Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel or Romantic Cave Hotel similar (Standard quality)
Day 2: South Cappadocia Tour – Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
For an additional option, you can book an early morning hot air balloon ride and enjoy breathtaking aerial views of the valleys. Please be aware that this activity comes at an extra cost.
After breakfast at the hotel around 9:30 am, you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full-day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Rose Valley (Gulludere Vadisi). Next, you will visit Cavusin Village which is famous for its houses and churches of Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch, you will drive to the Pigeon Valley (Guvercinlik Vadisi). In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli Underground City or Ozkonak Underground City where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full-day tour.
After the tour, you will travel overnight to Pamukkale in a non-smoking, fully air-conditioned local bus departing the bus station at approximately 9:00 pm. The total duration of travel will be 10 hours. There will be three breaks on the way to Pamukkale for your personal needs.
- Overnight Bus to Pamukkale
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Accommodation: No accommodation is included on this day
Day 3: Pamukkale (Cotton Castle) Tour – Fly back to Istanbul
Upon your arrival at the Pamukkale / Denizli main bus station between 05:30 – 06:00, you will be taken to a 2-star hotel in Pamukkale to freshen up and have breakfast before the start of the full-day Pamukkale tour. There will be no stay in the hotel room. After freshening up and breakfast, you will meet the rest of the group in the hotel lobby to join the tour. Around 09:30 am you will be picked up from the hotel to begin your guided tour of the Pamukkale and Hierapolis area with a professional licensed tour guide. Around 10:00 am you will visit the first destination of Karahayit to see the Red Spring Waters. After Karahayit we will drive to Pamukkale and begin the visit to the ancient city of Hierapolis around 10:30 am. The highlights of Hierapolis are Necropolis, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Latrina, Oil Factory, Frontinious Street, Agora, Byzantium Gate, Triton Fountain, Cathedral, Apollon Temple, Plutonium, Theater, and Cleopatra Antique Pools. You will also be able to take some photos from the nicest corners of Pamukkale. Around 12:30 pm you will be given some free time for approximately 60 minutes to explore the natural beauties of Pamukkale. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale Antique Pools (at your own expense) during this free time. At 1:30 pm you will meet the guide and will visit the Pamukkale Travertines, also known as Cotton Castle in Turkish, where mineral-rich thermal waters flow down white travertine terraces. You will get a chance to enjoy the beauty of the Cotton Castles and to walk in the middle of the Pamukkale travertines, from top to down without shoes and socks. At 2:30 pm you will be taken for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch at approximately 3:30 pm, you will visit an Onyx Factory for approximately 30 minutes.
At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to the Denizli or Izmir airport for a late evening flight back (between 7:00 – 10:00 pm) to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Accommodation: No accommodation is included on this day.
- Please note that your return flight from Denizli / Izmir to Istanbul will arrive at either the New Airport in Istanbul or at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport depending on the availability of flights on the ticket purchase date.
- Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, you will have to arrange your own pick-up service from Istanbul airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us. Our service ends upon your flight arrival at Istanbul Airport.
- If you have a preference to return to a specific airport in Istanbul i.e. Sabiha Gokcen or Istanbul New Airport, you must request your choice of the airport in Istanbul by email prior to your tour booking. Any changes requested once your booking is confirmed will incur an additional cost.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Istanbul hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only).
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir and from Denizli or Izmir to Istanbul only.
- Overnight intercity coach ticket from Cappadocia to Pamukkale.
- 1 night in Cappadocia at Cave hotel including breakfast.
- Professional licensed English-speaking guide during the tours.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch.
- Visits and entrances fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- Local taxes and service charges.
- Drop off transportation service from Istanbul New Airport OR Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Hotel upon returning to Istanbul.
- Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon Ride.
- Optional tours mentioned in the program, they will be provided at an additional cost.
- Drinks with meals.
- Services not mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance (recommended).
WHAT TO BRING:
- Hiking shoes.
- Swimwear & towel.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour.
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- Vegetarian lunch option available upon request.
- You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fee to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit, etc. if you need to use the pools.
- The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 11:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 2:00 am onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
- On flights luggage allowance is 15 kg per person for checked in luggage. For carry-on, you can take up to 8 kg per person. One carry-on is allowed per person.
WHEN TO BOOK?
- Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
- You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before the start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last-minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.
Inquire About this Trip
Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch shortly with your personalized quote.
32 reviews for 3-Day Cappadocia and Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul
From: USD 447.00
From: USD 447.00