3-Day Ancient Turkey Tour: Pamukkale, Ephesus, Troy & Gallipoli
From: USD 580.00
Join a group tour starting and ending in Istanbul, available every day, to explore the captivating world of ancient Turkey. Embark on a 3-day round-trip adventure visiting the remarkable sites of Ephesus, Pamukkale, Troy, and Gallipoli. Local tour guides at each destination will share their expertise, immersing you in the history and stunning beauty of these iconic sites as you journey through Turkey’s rich past.
Day 1: Fly from Istanbul to Denizli – Pamukkale and Hierapolis Tour
Your 4-Days Tour of Pamukkale, Ephesus, and Cappadocia will begin with an early morning flight (between 6:00 – 7:00 am as per your e-ticket) from Istanbul to Denizli airport. Upon arrival at the Denizli airport, you will be picked up at the airport and transferred to Pamukkale where you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your tour with a professional guide to begin your full-day tour of Pamukkale. Around 10:45 am you will visit the first destination of Karahayit to see the Red Spring Waters. After Karahayit we will drive to Pamukkale and begin the visit to the ancient city of Hierapolis around 11:30 am. The highlights of Hierapolis are Necropolis, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Latrina, Oil Factory, Frontinious Street, Agora, Byzantium Gate, Triton Fountain, Cathedral, Apollon Temple, Plutonium, Theater, Cleopatra’s Ancient Pool. You will also be able to take some photos from the nicest corners of Pamukkale. Around 12:30 pm you will be given some free time for approximately 60 minutes to explore the natural beauties of Pamukkale. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale Antique Pools (at your own expense) during this free time. At 1:30 pm you will meet the guide and will get a chance to walk in the middle of the Pamukkale travertines (White Cliffs) from top to down without shoes and socks. At 2:30 pm you will be taken for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch at approximately 3:30 pm, you will visit an Onyx Factory for approximately 30 minutes. After the tour ends at approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi, where you can expect to arrive and check in around 7:30 pm.
- Overnight in Kusadasi
- Included Meal(s): Lunch
- Accommodation: Efe Boutique Hotel OR Neopol Hotel Deluxe OR Derici Hotel or similar (Standard quality)
Day 2: Ephesus Tour – Bus to Canakkale (443.6 km)
After breakfast at the hotel around 8:30 am, you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full-day tour of Ephesus. You will visit the ruins of Ephesus, the ancient Greek city that became an important centre of this time. Visit the Temple of Hadrian, Great Theater, and Trajan Fountain. After lunch, let’s visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last years. We will pass by the Temple of Artemis; there is little to see of this that was one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world. Afterwards, you will visit the Isa Bey Mosque. Next, you will be taken to the Sirince Village; which is an old Greek village and is well-know for its quaint beauty and wine tasting and production. Here you will have one hour free to explore on your own without a guide the different foods and wines of the area and visit various small traditional village shops.
After your Ephesus tour, you will be driven back to Kusadasi where you will board a public bus to Canakkale at approximately 6:00 pm. You will arrive in Canakkale around 12:30 am and there will be 2 breaks enroute for personal needs. After arrival at the Canakkale bus station, you will be picked up from the bus station and transferred to your hotel for a comfortable stay.
- Overnight in Çanakkale
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Accommodation: Grand Anzac Hotel OR Helen Hotel OR Akol Hotel or similar (Standard quality)
Day 3: Troy and Gallipoli Combination Tour – Depart by Bus to Istanbul (307.2 km)
After breakfast, you will check out of the hotel in Canakkale and will be picked up from your hotel in Canakkale at around 8:30 am. Today in the morning, we will begin with the Troy Tour where you will visit the Trojan Horse, Sacrificial Altars, 3700-year-old City Walls, Houses of Troy I, 3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C., Bouleuterion (Senate Building), Odeon (Concert Hall), and the Remains of the various cities from Troy I through to Troy IX. At the end of the Troy Tour at around 11:30 am, you will be taken to Eceabat and will have free time in Eceabat until 1:00 pm. Lunch will be at a local restaurant in Eceabat. After lunch, we will begin the Gallipoli Tour. You will visit Brighton Beach; the intended landing place, Beach Cemetery on the southern tip of ANZAC Cove; the landing place of the first wave of Australian and New Zealand troops and home to up to 30,000 troops during the campaign, Ariburnu Cemetery, Anzac Commemoration Site, Lone Pine Australian Memorial; site of the successful attack and capture of Turkish trenches by the Australians during the August offensive, Johnston’s Jolly where you will visit the original Allied and Turkish trenches and tunnels, 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial, The Nek, and the Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial.
At the end of the Gallipoli Tour at around 6:00 pm, you will depart for Istanbul with arrival into Istanbul around 11:00 pm. You will be dropped back at your Istanbul hotel and this will be the end of our service.
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
- Accommodation: No accommodation is included on this day.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- All transfers mentioned in the itinerary.
- Domestic flight ticket (from Istanbul to Denizli) as per the itinerary.
- Intercity coach ticket (Kuşadası to Çanakkale).
- 1 night in Kusadasi at a 4-star hotel including breakfast.
- 1 night in Canakkale at a 3-star hotel including breakfast.
- English-speaking guide during the tours.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch).
- Visits and entrances fees as indicated in the itinerary
- Local taxes and service charges.
- Optional tours mentioned in the program, they will be provided at an additional cost.
- Services not mentioned in the program.
- Beverages and dinner
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour.
- Vegetarian lunch option available upon request.
- You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fee to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
- On flights luggage allowance is 15 kg per person for checked in luggage. For carry-on, you can take up to 8 kg per person. One carry-on is allowed per person
Inquire About this Trip
Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch shortly with your personalized quote.
From: USD 580.00
From: USD 580.00