6 Days Istanbul, Cappadocia and Pamukkale Budget Tour by Bus
This is a classic Turkey budget tour concluding the best highlights in Istanbul, Cappadocia and Pamukkale, which are the top best tourist destinations in Turkey.
Select total number of rooms required and travel date below for pricing:
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN ISTANBUL
Upon your arrival in Istanbul, you will be met with our company representative in the arrivals area of the airport who will be holding a signboard with your name on it. After meet and greet, you will then be transferred from the airport to your hotel in Istanbul. Rest of the day will be at leisure.
- Overnight in Istanbul
- Included Meal(s): No
DAY 2: ISTANBUL DISCOVER TOUR – OVERNIGHT BUS TO CAPPADOCIA
After breakfast, you will need to check-out from the hotel. At around 8:00 am you will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul to join the full day Istanbul Discovery Tour.
Today you will visit the following highlights of Istanbul on the full day tour:
HIPPODROME: The old Hippodrome (Hipodrom) of Constantinople is now a landscaped city park that is locally known as “At Meydani” (Horse Grounds). The square is well worth a visit if you want to enjoy the Mediterranean climate of Istanbul and see a glimpse of the old Constantinople at the same time.
BLUE MOSQUE: One of the biggest mosques of Istanbul from 17th-century architecture is one of the principal adornments on the skyline of Istanbul. Also famous for its blue tiles and 6 minarets.
TOPKAPI PALACE: The former imperial residence from where the Great Ottoman Empire was ruled. Today a spectacular museum that has one of the largest collections of Chinese and Japanese porcelain and the very famous treasury of the Royal Family.
HAGIA SOPHIA: The magnificent Byzantine Church of all times; one of the finest and largest architectural works of art in the world.
GRAND BAZAAR: In addition to its historical importance, it’s a bazaar that will tempt even the nonshoppers with its rich collection of precious handmade carpets, jewelry, leather and souvenirs.
At the end of the tour, you will be taken back to your Istanbul hotel to collect your luggage and proceed to Istanbul's main bus station to board the overnight bus to Cappadocia. The overnight bus will depart from Istanbul at around 8:30 pm and will make three brief stops for your personal needs on this 11-hour journey by road to Cappadocia.
- Overnight Bus to Cappadocia
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
DAY 3: NORTH CAPPADOCIA TOUR
Upon your arrival at the Goreme bus station in Cappadocia, you will be met at the bus station and transferred to your Cappadocia hotel. At the hotel, you can have your breakfast and be ready to meet your tour guide around 09:30 am.
Today you will be visiting the following highlights of Cappadocia on the full day North Cappadocia Tour:
DEVRENT VALLEY: Devrent is situated on the northern slopes of Aktepe, 1km from Pasabaglari (Monks’ Valley) and 5 km from Avanos. The ruins at Devrent are spread over three valleys, which also house several pointed fairy chimneys with large stems.
MONKS VALLEY: The best place to see three-headed fairy chimneys. Pasabag, the Pasha’s Vineyard, is surrounded by incredible natural rock formations; a spectacular scene.
AVANOS: A center of terra cotta work of art since 3000 BC, it is a town where you will be invited to visit a traditional pottery workshop, which is possibly set deep into the hillsides. The clay, which comes from the Red River passing through the town, gives life both to the land and to the local economy.
GOREME OPEN AIR MUSEUM: Goreme was an important Christian center in the early years of the Middle Ages, was a bishopric administered by Mokissos near Aksaray in the 11th and 13th centuries. Despite the vast number of monasteries, churches and chapels in the vicinity of Göreme, there are not many inscriptions bearing dates. For this reason, these religious buildings are mainly dated according to the iconography or architectural features.
UCHISAR: Uchisar is a troglodyte town situated right in the middle of Cappadocia. It is named after the enormous piece of rock in the center of the town, which was once used as a castle. This extraordinary rock is the highest peak of the area with the view of whole Cappadocia and Erciyes (Argeus) Mountain.
After the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cappadocia.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
DAY 4: SOUTH CAPPADOCIA TOUR – OVERNIGHT BUS TO PAMUKKALE
After breakfast, you will need to check out from your hotel in Cappadocia. At around 09:30 am, you will be picked up from your hotel to join the full-day tour of South Cappadocia.
Today you will be visiting the following highlights on the full day South Cappadocia Tour:
KIZILCUKUR: is an isolated valley behind Urgup. It has beautiful rock formation with some great hidden rock-carved churches. The most interesting part of this area is the countless tracks connecting the small villages and towns through vineyards and gardens like a spider net. It is always possible to see villagers working in the area and offering grapes, apples or apricots to you.
CAVUSIN: One of the oldest settlements in the area, Cavusin is situated 2km from Goreme, on the Göreme-Avanos road. The Church of St.John the Baptist offers a panoramic view of the village. This church and its paintings date back to the 5th century, making the oldest church in the region. It also has a large courtyard which is unusual for Cappadocia, however, much of it has eroded away.
HOSPITAL MONASTRY: One of the oldest monasteries in Cappadocia.
KAYMAKLI: Kaymakli and Derinkuyu underground cities are the two largest and deepest of the 40 others in Cappadocia. They both have eight floors, although not all are open to the public.
PIGEON HOUSE: Visit the pigeon houses and rock formations.
After the tour, you will be transferred to the Cappadocia bus station to board your overnight bus to Pamukkale. Your bus will depart around 08:30 pm from Cappadocia for Istanbul. There will be three short stops en route to Istanbul for personal needs on this 11-hour journey to Istanbul.
- Overnight Bus to Pamukkale
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
DAY 5: PAMUKKALE & HIERAPOLIS TOUR - OVERNIGHT BUS TO ISTANBUL
Upon arrival at the Denizli bus station around 05:30 – 06:30 am, you will be picked up and transferred to a two-star hotel to freshen up and have breakfast. After breakfast, you can stay in the hotel lobby to be picked up to join the tour around 09:30 am.
Today you will be visiting the following highlights on the full day Pamukkale and Hierapolis Tour:
KARAHAYIT HOT SPRING: Karahayit hot springs is located in Karahayit Town, Denizli, Turkey. It’s about 5 km north of the famous Pamukkale Travertine and has similar characteristics like that of Pamukkale. Due to the minerals existing in its structure, the hot spring water spreads reddish color to the environment and it is believed that they provide healing to the visitors for 5000 years. The ‘Kirmizi Su‘ which translates to red water – natural hot thermal springs bubbling from beneath the calcite rocks – are very rich in calcium, magnesium and sulphurs, at about 56 degrees.
HIERAPOLIS: Hierapolis was an ancient city located on hot springs in classical Phrygia in southwestern Anatolia. Its ruins are adjacent to modern Pamukkale in Turkey and currently comprise an archaeological museum designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
PAMUKKALE TRAVERTINES “COTTON CASTLE”: Pamukkale is a spectacular place, located in Denizli Province, in southwestern Turkey known for the mineral-rich thermal waters flowing down white travertine terraces. The Pamukkale Travertines mean “Cotton Castle” in Turkish. The place is classified by UNESCO.
You will also be able to take some photos of Pamukkale. Around 12:30 pm you will be given free time for around 60 minutes to explore the natural beauties of Pamukkale on your own. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale Antique Pools (at own expense) during this free time.
At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will travel overnight to Istanbul in a non-smoking, fully air-conditioned local bus departing the bus station approximately 9:00 pm. The total duration of travel will be 10 hours. There will be three short stops en route to Istanbul for personal needs on this 10-hour journey to Istanbul.
- Overnight Bus to Istanbul
- Included Meal(s): Breakfast and Lunch
DAY 6: ARRIVAL IN ISTANBUL - END OF THE TOUR
The local bus will arrive at the main Istanbul bus station between 7:30 – 9:30 am depending on traffic conditions. Upon your arrival at the main bus station in Istanbul, it will be the end of our service. You will need to arrange your own transportation from the bus station. End of our service.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- All transfers mentioned in the itinerary
- Intercity Local Bus Tickets
- 1 night in Istanbul at Special Class or 3-Star Hotels including breakfast
- 1 night in Cappadocia at a cave hotel including breakfast
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Local taxes and service charges
- International airfare & airport taxes
- Visa to enter Turkey
- Transfer from Bus Station to Hotel in Istanbul at the End of the Tour
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Any optional tours
- Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
- Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
- Please note that the Blue Mosque is not open for visitation on Fridays as it is closed for religious prayer services. You will only be able to visit the outside of the Blue Mosque area on tours operated on Fridays. No visitation will be allowed inside the Blue Mosque for tourists on Fridays
- St. Sophia is closed on Monday, this will be replaced with the Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnici)
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesday, it will be replaced with the Beylerbeyi Palace
- Grand Bazaar is closed on Sunday
- During religious holidays, the spice market and Grand Bazaar are closed
- Travellers using intercity ground or air transportation will not be accompanied by a tour guide. Upon reaching the touring destination, a tour guide from the local area will meet you to start the touring service. Domestic flight and/or bus tickets as well as transportation to and from the airport and/or bus station will be arranged by us.
- The hot air balloon ride operates in optimum weather conditions. The decision for the flight to take off on any given day is decided by the local government at the last minute depending on weather conditions to ensure passenger safety. If your paid and scheduled hot air balloon ride gets cancelled by the tour company at the last minute for weather conditions, we will provide you with a refund of USD 290.00 for the hot air balloon ride if you have it booked with us.
Accommodation in below Hotels (or similar hotels depending on vacancy at the time of booking):
In Istanbul: Ayasultan Hotel OR Muyan Suites OR Askoc Hotel
In Cappadocia: Holiday Cave Hotel OR Heaven Cave House OR Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel
The quoted price of this tour covers accommodations in hotels as mentioned above or in similar quality hotels.
If you wish to include a higher quality hotel, we offer two options:
Option 1: We can upgrade your hotel at an additional cost. This cost will be added to the total tour price of the standard package tour.
Option 2: You can arrange your own accommodation on the tour as per your preference. We can offer a new package tour price without including the cost of hotel accommodation. If Option 2 is preferred, all services as part of the package tour will be provided except for hotel accommodation.
Please let us know the option you prefer at the time the tour request is made so that we can price the tour accordingly. If no change in hotels is needed and you wish to proceed with the hotels highlighted in our package tour at the quoted tour price then you may book the tour directly online.